Our P&C has an important job to do and we would love you to be part of it!
The Proserpine State High School has an active and enthusiastic Parents and Citizen’s Association. P&C Associations are an essential part of the school and membership is open to any adult who wants to contribute to the school, including parents of children attending the school, the school's teachers and staff, and interested people in the wider community.
2019 P&C executive committee
President: Lisa Milne
Vice-President: Robert Thompson
Secretary: Alex Ventura
Treasurer: Stephanie Nuske
Canteen Convenor: Sue Walker
Why join the P&C?
It is a great way of keeping informed about school activities and participating in school events. P&C Associations create a strong sense of community and generate positive outcomes for the school, contributing to the wider school community and the education of your child.
Research shows that parents who are engaged in their child's education make a significant contribution to the child's success at school.
Aim of the P&C
- To support students to have the best learning experience whilst at Proserpine State High School
- To encourage close cooperation among parents, pupils, teaching staff and the community
- Provide feedback on school policies and activities
- Provide a canteen service in the school
- Engage in future school planning processes
- Provide additional resources to enhance student learning and improve the school environment
- Provide opportunities for parents to be involved in their child's education and broader school community.